2nd Shift Manager
Working in close collaboration with the Plant Manager, the Shift Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all production activities and assures that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. In addition, the Shift Manager closely monitors safety regulations and participates in all Committee meetings. Ensures that production activities are timely and completed in accordance with established quality standards and procedures. Develops and implements policies that ensure effective completion of functions. Coordinates closely with related departments to maintain schedules and effect necessary changes and revisions. Assigns, trains, directs, and assists supervisors with all aspects of employee performance and also production requirements. May also assist Supervisors with reviews of production personnel. Completes related documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and QC standards.
- Helps develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews schedules, directs, organizes, and oversees assembly production of products and ensures that assembly functions are completed in accordance with established quality and production standards.
- Communicates with related departments to maintain schedules and effect necessary changes and revisions.
- As appropriate, communicates with purchasing and inventory to ensure that supplies and inventory are at appropriate levels.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all of our employees and ensures area is kept neat and clean at all times.
- Investigates and takes necessary action with all injuries and/or accidents that occur.
- Participates in and follows through with all safety activities and initiatives.
- Establishes and implements procedures for new products and is effective in utilizing resources, improving processes, and reducing costs.
- Assists supervisors with handling personnel issues, conducting performance reviews, setting performance goals, and makes recommendations on discipline.
- Fosters a cooperative work environment, and ensures employee development and performance management skills.
- Ensures changes, issues and problems encountered are communicated to appropriately to all shifts and maintains effective communication lines at all times between shifts.
- Completes related paperwork and support duties and performs all other assignments, projects and duties as assigned.
The 2nd Shift Manager is responsible for evaluating and directing all Supervisors. This position is responsible for managing overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the shift. Ensures that Supervisors lead in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103