2nd Shift Mentor
The Mentor’s role is to support new employees by working with them to ensure they are receiving proper training and resolving any issues. The Mentor acknowledges new employee’s strengths and encourages them to find ways to use them. The Mentor orients new employees to Paradigm’s existing structures and alerts them to all pertinent opportunities. The Mentor should also identify any training related difficulties and then seek ways to resolve these with urgency. The Mentor helps employees navigate the learning curve inherent in any new role with the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Training Mentees by informing them of the company’s procedures and job requirements.
2. Planning, coordinating, and directing job specific training including but not limited to videos, powerpoint presentations, and physical demonstrations.
3. Maintaining documentation to support training activities including weekly evaluations.
4. Performing ergonomic evaluations on all trainees and counseling on needed adjustments.
5. Acting as liaison for the training team effectively communicating, in a timely manner, with HR, Production, and Supervisory staff.
6. Alerting your Mentees to potential adjustment-related obstacles and issuing them with suitable resources to help negate these.
7. Scheduling weekly follow-ups to review your Mentees’ progress and setting suitable goals for continued success.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103