2nd Shift Supervisor
The Supervisor ensures the safety of all employees and that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. Plans and assigns work and is responsible for the professional growth of all employees in the area by conducting and/or overseeing the appropriate training of new or existing employees. The Supervisor is responsible for addressing any performance issues with employees in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures employees use equipment safely. Monitors the operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintains compliance with established lockout policies and procedures.
2. Sets daily/ weekly/ monthly objectives and communicate them to employees. Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning employees; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
3. Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
4. Organizes workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules. Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, training, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
5. Checks production output according to specifications. Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; monitoring employees and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
6. Helps develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all Standard Operating Procedures and Operational Method Sheets. Supports and participates in all Demand Flow Technology initiatives and trainings.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Fosters a cooperative work environment and ensures employee development and performance management skills.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103