Assembly Worker (1st Shift)
Shift: 1st Shift
Wages: $18.50/ hr.: Progressive pay increase structure
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The assembly worker actively assists in the manufacturing and assembly process of our windows and doors. You will work with raw materials to build and assemble components to our windows and doors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together with hand tools or by hand.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Tends automated machines such as weather-stripping machines and corner cleaners in various operation stages on assembly line.
- Uses air screw guns to install window hardware.
- Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Cuts and places matched pairs of window frames into carts that will be used at different stages on the window line.
- This person needs to work as an effective team member in close proximity with other employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have good hand dexterity and attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand, bend, twist and perform all physical functions of the position.
- Must be able to communicate and read in English. Ability to communicate with co-workers and understand written instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals (Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to 1/32 of an inch.).
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting for 1+ years a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work in a loud and fast paced environment, make good judgements, and assist when necessary.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 10 hours, and regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds (Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks using arms and hands).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as to draw/interpret graphs.
- High school education or GED
- 1 year experience in production / assembly environment or proficiency with power tools (i.e. carpentry experience or combination of education and experience.) ** Will train with no experience
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in Safety Obsessed, Respect in Unity, Quality Craftsmanship, Customer Commitment and Improving Together.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
|* 401(k) matching |* Dental, Vision, & Health insurance |* STD, LTD insurance |* Employee discount |* Flexible Schedule |* Company Life insurance |* Paid time off |* Partial Tuition reimbursement |
Founded in 1981, Paradigm has been providing premium quality, Energy Star® rated vinyl windows and doors for the new construction and remodeling industry, for both commercial and residential properties.
With a lifetime guarantee, we proudly set ourselves apart from the competition by devoting 100% focus to our people & customers.
“Why Paradigm?” Because we care. Because we are committed to excellence & stand behind every window and door that leaves our factory!
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.