Bay & Bow Production Specialist
The Bay & Bow Production position typically works 7:00 am-3:30 pm Monday through Friday. This position is required to work mandatory overtime (extended hours and/or Saturdays) to meet our customer demands.
The Bay & Bow Production position performs a variety of bench, machine, and carpentry operations to produce Bay & Bow window units by completing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations and be aware of his/her surroundings.
- Must possess the ability to judge when help is required.
- Must possess the ability to read and follow a CAD drawing through entire process.
- Must be familiar with machinery such as a variety of saws, fabrication dies, drills & bench grinders as well as hand tools such as hammers, nails & heat guns.
- Must be able to read a U.S. Tape measure and understand measurements to the 1/32 of an inch.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The employee must regularly lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to stoop, twist, crouch, work above shoulder and talk as well as hear.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Temperatures can be hot or cold according to the season.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The employee can be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Employee must be able to wear hearing protection
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103