Bay & Bow Shop
This position is responsible for producing and assembling Bay/Bow window units. Employees in this department ensure the quality and accuracy of all Bay/Bow units produced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be safety conscious and be aware of his/her surroundings with the ability to follow all safety program requirements including but limited to the wearing of proper PPE, judgment on lifting, and recognizing hazards.
- Must have good hand dexterity and attention to detail with the ability to operate hand tools and recognize quality defects.
- Clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together with hand tools or by hand.
- Must have ability to perform repetitive tasks using arms and hands.
- Must be able to read a U.S. Tape measure and understand measurements to the 1/32.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to use good judgment when carrying out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving situations from production issues to effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract. Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to 1/32 of an inch.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and possess the ability to judge when help is needed.
- Ideal candidate will have some carpentry skills.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103