BI Analyst/Report Writer
Pay: $80,000 – 110,000 per year
We are seeking a BI Analyst / Report Writer looking for full-time employment! You will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features. This position can work remote.
In this role, the Business Analyst / Report Writer will focus on integration and reporting. You will work closely with the various Paradigm business units to coordinate and maintain the ETL layer between our current systems. This position will report to the IT Director. Positions reporting to this position: None.
This is an intermediate-level position. In the long term, the right person would develop into Applications Developer. Your success will lie in your ability to create compelling dashboards and reports to assist the business in understanding and solving complex problems. In addition, your technical aptitude and ability to create solid reporting and data transformation processes will directly lead to satisfied users and your success.
- $80,000 – 110,000 annual salary
The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, however additional duties may be assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and enhance ETL processes between legacy ERP system and MS SQL database.
- Create and modify queries, views, stored procedures and reports using SSRS, SSIS and Power BI.
- Design, develop and refine existing SSRS reporting to support business needs.
- Assist in the development of data warehouse & data marts for sales, operations and accounting.
- Construct ad-hoc data imports and/or provide expert support for various initiatives.
- Construct data exports and/or provide expert support for external vendor initiatives.
- Maintain user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions and maintaining ERD.
- Develop detailed specifications of user requests Develop test plans and verify plans will accurately validate business requirements.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives, recommendations, and data mapping.
- Conduct system evaluations. Provide recommendations to improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Responsible for testing programs or databases, correcting errors, and making necessary modifications.
- Support the overall development, implementation, and use of the company’s data infrastructure.
- Work effectively as part of a project team, participating actively and constructively to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Assist with user acceptance testing and implementing new reporting functionality.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of procedures and records of work performed to facilitate enhancement, change, or troubleshooting of the work.
- Protects the organization’s value by actively keeping information confidential.
Required Skills for Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years minimum experience using Microsoft SSMS, SSIS, SSRS and Power BI
- Experience in creating and managing databases and permissions using SSMS
- Enjoy working with data, including experience troubleshooting how data is extracted, transformed, and loaded into ERP systems.
- Strong technical aptitude in network file shares and permissions and File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Experience with Office, MS Teams, Webex, Smartsheet and/or Google Docs.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Must have the highest integrity and work ethic and be persistent and results-driven.
Preferred Experience but not Required:
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience in Sharepoint.
- Experience in AS2 EDI.
- Experience using enterprise software, e.g., supply chain or analytics.
- Experience in design, manufacturing planning/estimating, sales, or related field.
- Prior experience with APIs is desirable
- 401(k) matching
- Dental, Vision, & Health insurance
- STD, LTD insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Company Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Partial Tuition reimbursement
Founded in 1981, Paradigm has been providing premium quality, Energy Star® rated vinyl windows and doors for the new construction and remodeling industry, for both commercial and residential properties.
We proudly set ourselves apart from the competition by devoting 100% focus to our people & customers.
“Why Paradigm?” Because we care. Because we are committed to excellence & stand behind every window and door that leaves our factory!
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.