The CADD Technician provides support necessary to design, develop and implement new and existing window products. Prioritizes compiled data for updating using computer programs and assists in the interpretation and application of data from CADD generated designs. This position maintains, updates, and when appropriate trains other employees on company specific software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides support in the form of technical details using CADD software, provides design of requests within time frames needed.
2. Converts sketches or specifications of the project or product; from an architect, engineer, or other designer; into detailed CADD drawings, understanding production methods and processes.
3. Ensures company-specific data entry software program is accurate, up to date, and trains employees as required.
4. Performs non-routine and complex assignments from verbal instructions and under minimal supervision.
5. Assists with ensuring compliance with all thermal testing of window products.
6. Provides support to the IT department in the creation and maintenance of bills of material.
7. Prepares technical and progress reports on assigned projects.
8. May be asked to help develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all Standard Operating Procedures and pricing information.
This position does not have any direct reports, it is responsible for training employees on software and special projects, and may assist the Engineer with the evaluation of implementing new products, which will entail directing employees and work flow.
1. Must be able to gain knowledge of the window product, production and workflow procedures.
2. Knowledge in basic algebra and geometry which is used in calculating figures and amounts including the discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume.
3. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines with a strong focus and attention on details.
4. Knowledge of materials, methods used in mechanical and freehand drawing, in making engineering drawings, details, methods, and layouts used in preparation of window design drawings and engineering presentations.
5. Ability to interpret and plot from detailed engineering sketches.
6. Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems, software, applications, hardware, and communications.
7. Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely and be able to coordinate effectively with management, supervisors, employees, and the public.
8. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Wide knowledge with the use of computer, proficient in latest AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
2. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or a minimum of five years of experience working in a similar capacity.
3. Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103