Commercial Service Technician
While working in the field, the Commercial Service Technician records and resolves customer service complaints regarding windows and doors. The Service Technician attempts to meet and exceed the customer’s expectation in the repair of windows and doors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records information such as name, address, article to be repaired or service to be rendered.
- Performs daily repairs of windows and doors on commercial job sites and at customer’s residence.
- Needs to be well-organized and work efficiently to resolve as many window or door complaints as productively as possible without compromising safety and quality.
- Makes good use of time by knowing the appropriate destination, taking the most direct route and keeping maps on hand for possible reference.
- Maintains a clean company vehicle with the necessary tools, equipment and parts available to ensure timely repairs.
- Keeps records of service calls, work orders and informs if replacement parts or components are inadequate.
- Must be flexible with the ability to change positions and work priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess a Class C driver’s license and have a safe driving record and also must be capable of climbing ladders and/or staging.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.