Logistics & Scheduling Analyst
The Logistics & Scheduling Analyst does not have any direct reports however; closely works with shipping, scheduling and production leadership.
1. Knowledge of logistics procedures, common carrier over, short and damage procedures and transportation industry standards related to shipping.
2. Manages back haul operations including researching opportunities for additional business.
3. Develops and conducts training program(s) to ensure compliance with all DOT and FMCSA.
4. Responsible for maintaining records and other documentation for fleet are up to date and accurate.
5. Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with clients, employees, and industry professionals.
6. Must have effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts and ideas to others.
7. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information and other documents.
8. Must have a demonstrated record of good work attendance and reliability.
9. Must be flexible in work habits and work schedule.
10. This position requires a professional demeanor and an orientation toward excellent client services.
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
• A BS/BA in related field preferred with at least 3 years of directly related
experience or a combination of education and experience
• Solid understanding of cost analysis with good analytical thinking and problem solving
• Able to achieve results within a consistently evolving environment
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision- making skills
• Proficient with Excel with the ability to report data analysis along with and other
Microsoft software, with the ability to learn new software programs quickly
• Self-directed and responsible for personal tasks, willing to commit to deadlines and
deliver on those commitments
• Experience with logistics scheduling, trucking coordination, planning, customer service,
• and freight management
• High energy, proactive, and highly organized with an ability to manage and complete
• multiple tasks on time
• A commitment to going above and beyond to fulfill customer needs
• Highly detail oriented and self-driven to improve
OTHER TESTING / LICENSES REQUIRED
1. Clean Class C drivers record is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items (50 – 75 lbs).
2. Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold, moisture/wetness from working in the warehouse facility.
3. Operation of tow motor and forklift required to move materials. Also, operates other departmental vehicles as needed.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103