Maintenance & Facilities Manager
JOB TITLE: Maintenance & Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Operations
Direct Reports: 4 Maintenance Technicians
Responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance department. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, building assets, managing maintenance budget and resources and assisting in the design and installation of new systems. In addition this position is responsible for managing multiple shifts of Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Scheduling and overseeing all maintenance related work, managing a team of maintenance technicians and supervisors
- Ensuring that all maintenance operations are done in accordance with company policy and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensuring the facility satisfies all industry regulations and plan facility needs to support overall company strategy.
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
- Manages maintenance personnel by setting direction and priorities.
- Provides training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Performs Performance Evaluations on direct reports at least twice a year.
- Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures for production lines in a building products/window manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Developing and maintaining quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Develop associate and supervisor skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for supervisors.
- Setting and maintaining departmental budget by reviewing financial statements; monitoring line efficiencies; monitoring labor cost; and other expenses.
- Participate in designing and developing future production capacities by attending design meetings; coordinating with Research & Development regarding product changes and improvements; and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Salary: $90,000-$103,000/yr. + Bonus incentives.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree and experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in engineering is highly preferred.
- Five years of operations management in a manufacturing environment
- Preference for experience in the Windows/Building Products industry
- Preference for experience in glass and vinyl plastics manufacturing environment
- Safety Management and Risk Management experience
- Extensive plant level experience with significant direct management experience
- Technical capabilities and understanding of lean principals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and Office suite
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
- Strong knowledge in Maintenance and Reliability
- Strong knowledge/experience managing maintenance through CMMS ( Computerized Maintenance Management system )
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; and AIB
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Bilingual preferred
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring associate performance for a regular group or work unit. This includes providing input on hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning the department as needed. Also responsible for the development of the Technical group.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, vinyl dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by Paradigm Operating Company, LLC (Paradigm Windows) will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in Safety Obsessed, Respect in Unity, Quality Craftsmanship, Customer Commitment and Improving Together.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, work protracted or irregular hours, work around machines with moving parts and moving objects, this position will work closely with others in addition to working alone.
- While on the factory floor, the Production Manager may be exposed to excessive or intermittent noise, and dust. Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include manufacturing machines and equipment, hand tools, computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, and possibly a forklift and automobile.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.