Days worked/hours: Monday- Friday 6:00am-4:30pm
Starting Pay: $30-$36/hour DOE (yearly bonus incentives)
GENERAL SUMMARY: You will work with the Maintenance Manager to repair/troubleshoot production equipment. Other duties will include maintaining the facility, reading schematics and manuals, and participating in safety initiative to work with minimum disruption to production. This position will work around various machines and closely with others in addition to working alone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Adheres to established schedules and procedures for the preventative maintenance program.
- Answers operator questions and provides information relating to projects including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing technical expertise with the operation of machinery.
- Assists with the development, updating and maintaining of procedures and documentation for all Standard Operating Procedures and, based on equipment capabilities, makes recommendations on production procedure changes.
- Helps to maintain a safe work environment for all of our employees by properly training employees with established lock out tag out procedures and operation of machinery.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a broad range of manufacturing knowledge and be able to plan and think strategically, answer questions, handle complaints, and provide technical operating expertise for machinery.
- Must have a positive style personality with the ability to train a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to adhere to established schedules and procedures.
- Ability to assist in developing, updating, and maintaining procedures and documentation for all Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be comfortable recommending improvements to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- High school education or GED
- A minimum of three years of maintenance experience working in a similar environment.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.