We are seeking a shipping and materials handling associate looking for full-time employment! This is a great company offering a competitive pay structure and long-term growth opportunities within the organization.
Under the general direction of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor and Shipping Coordinator, this position is responsible for proper loading of all Paradigm Windows Solutions trucks, ensuring orders are complete, maintaining warehouse cleanliness, resolving any load report issues, and driving trucks and forklifts (for transporting materials, as required).
Paradigm Windows offers a progressive pay increase structure along with competitive benefits and bonus options.
Monday-Friday mandatory overtime on Saturdays and Sundays per business demands.
Scheduled Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Some shifts may run over scheduled out time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with vendors and customers, and coworkers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensures carts are made and ready for packaging and returns carts to the appropriate location when empty.
- Performs all loading activities including verification of complete orders and ensures that no products are damaged.
- Operates departmental vehicles as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of material procedures, shipping procedures and truck loading.
- Ability to work through routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, and cold from working in the warehouse facility
- Knowledge of safe work habits necessary for departmental staff to perform their duties injury free such as proper lifting techniques and use of company equipment.
- High school education or GED
- A minimum of two to four years of shipping/warehouse experience is desired, but the Candidate will be trained and certified on appropriate equipment
- Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items 75-100lbs
- Experience operating tow motor and forklift preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50-75 pounds and possess the ability to judge when help is needed.
- The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 10 hours
- The employee is regularly required to balance, stoop, crouch, or crawl and talk as well as hear.
- While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- Temperatures can be hot or cold according to the season.
- Must have good hand dexterity and attention to detail.
- |* 401(k) matching |* Dental, Vision, & Health insurance |* STD, LTD insurance |* Employee discount |* Flexible Schedule |* Company Life insurance |* Paid time off |* Partial Tuition reimbursement |
Founded in 1981, Paradigm has been providing premium quality, Energy Star® rated vinyl windows and doors for the new construction and remodeling industry, for both commercial and residential properties.
We proudly set ourselves apart from the competition by devoting 100% focus to our people & customers.
“Why Paradigm?” Because we care. Because we are committed to excellence & stand behind every window and door that leaves our factory!
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.