- Monitors employees to ensure they are following safety policies and procedures and also maintains a safe work environment for all our employees and keeps area neat and clean at all times
- Reviews master production schedule and work orders, and establishes priorities for specific customer orders
- Coordinates flow of work within the department
- Establishes or adjust work instructions and placement of employees to meet production schedule and goals
- Makes constant checks on production to ensure quality of finished product, and maintains surveillance over equipment and machinery and notifies supervisor of any issues
- Distributes completed work orders to departments, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date of units to be produced
- Ensures all paint equipment and machinery is clean and in good working condition
- As appropriate will train employees on procedures
- Interprets directions and provides ongoing feedback on product issues and suggestions.
- Works closely with Supervisor and co-workers to ensure quality of product and deadlines are met
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Assists to help troubleshoot issues with the paint machine
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse team
- Excellent housekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on directions
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.