In this role, the PC Technician will work closely with the various Paradigm business units, to coordinate and support business needs within IT.
This position will report to the IT Manager, with dotted-line reporting to the Operations Manager and IT Project Manager, as projects and events dictate.
Positions reporting to this position: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail, and self-service requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Responsible for documenting issues in the Jira Help Desk tracking system and prioritizing according to the severity of the problem
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots computers, computer-related peripherals, software and network connectivity
- Answers questions from users concerning browser setup and settings, hardware and software applications, including custom applications and general Inter/Intranet and website usage questions
- Makes use of remote control software to troubleshoot & repair computer issues
- Trains users on software and hardware, as required
- Install/configure systems with standard Windows operating systems and related applications including Microsoft Office productivity applications, anti-virus, etc.
- Deploys new computer equipment as instructed
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Performs basic network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Expertise in one or more areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Network Administration
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- PC Imaging/Backups
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Microsoft MCSA
- CompTIA A+ or MCP in Windows OS certification
- Mac Hardware and OS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Technical Knowledge/ Skills:
(qualify level of skill required for this role: entry, intermediate, advanced)
- PC Hardware and Peripherals (A)
- PC OS and Networking Literacy (A)
- MS Office and VBA (A)
- Scanning systems and RFID (I)
- Must be able to read and write in the English language.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs.), stand, stoop and bend.
- Verbal communication via telephone and written correspondence.
- Handle a variety of work efforts.
- Manual dexterity and visual ability to operate a PC.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- PPE required in plant environment.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103