Production Line Team Leader
The Team Leader assists the Supervisor with ensuring that the production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. In addition, the Team Leader, in collaboration with the Supervisor, oversees and/or conducts training of new or existing employees and is responsible for communicating any performance issues with employees in the department to the Supervisor or appropriate management personnel. The Team Leader interprets specifications and job orders to employees, analyzing problems and assigning duties. The Team Leader is responsible for educating and monitoring all employees on all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Makes constant checks on production to ensure the quality of finished products, and maintains surveillance over equipment and machinery and notifies supervisor or maintenance of any issues.
2. Establishes or adjusts work instructions and placement of employees to meet production schedules and goals.
3. Participates in training and other activities that are designed to make improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
4. Helps develop Standard Operating Procedures by conducting time studies and evaluating job tasks.
5. Monitors employees to ensure they are following safety policies and procedures and also maintains a safe work environment for all of our employees and keeps the area neat and clean at all times.
6. Oversees and trains employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Ensures on-the-job training and safety training is conducted for employees on methods and equipment used.
7. Fosters a cooperative team-based work environment motivating employees to achieve established goals and growth within the company.
The Team Leader is instrumental in assisting the Supervisor with overseeing up to 25 employees, however, this position is not directly responsible for the performance of the employees in the area. Carries out goals and supervisory functions in accordance with the direction of the Supervisor and the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Performs all other assignments, projects and duties as assigned.
1. Must have knowledge of production and workflow procedures and be familiar with quality control standards necessary to maintain satisfactory levels of production.
2. Ability to make decisions quickly and develop a plan of action to address issues arising with production changes or issues.
3. Knowledge of company and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
4. Must possess skills to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely and be able to coordinate effectively with management, other supervisors, employees, and the public.
5. Ability to instruct employees in a positive manner, motivating employees to achieve established goals while working as a team.
6. Skill in the use of machinery and equipment in the assigned area preferred.
7. Must be capable of assuming increasing responsibilities and also be flexible with work schedule and be available for working overtime.
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
1. A minimum of two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
2. Must have a general understanding of manufacturing and be able to plan and think strategically.
3. Must have excellent leadership skills, organizational skills, and a positive personality with strong awareness of diversity in the workplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, work protracted or irregular hours, work around machines with moving parts and moving objects, this position will work closely with others in addition to working alone.
2. The Team Leader may be exposed to excessive or intermittent noise, and dust. Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include manufacturing machines and equipment, hand tools, computer and related equipment (calculator, copier, fax machine, and possibly a forklift and automobile).
3. Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items (50 – 75 lbs). Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold from working in the warehouse facility.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103