The Production Specialist position typically works 7:00am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. This hourly position is eligible for efficiency bonuses, peak pay, and career advancement.
The Production Specialist position performs a variety of bench and/or line assembly operations to produce window units by completing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
1. Install Locks, Keepers, Pivot Bars – Using a pneumatic screw gun apply locks, keepers, pivot bars to window sash.
2. Tape & Shim – Using hands to apply double sided tape and shims to window sash.
3. Cut bead – Uses an enclosed punch to measure and cut bead.
4. Edge Delete/Feeding – Select appropriate glass, run edges through a flat grinder and place on washer unit.
5. Fabricate Frames/Sash/Screen Frames – Punches holes in different window components using a pneumatic die or guarded punch.
6. Hand Roll Screens – Assemble screen material onto frame by using a rolling wheel and trim screen using a utility knife.
7. Install Bead – Apply bead to window sash using a mallet.
8. Wash & Plug Grids – Washes assembled grids and inserts plugs by hand.
9. Corner Cleaner – Places window frame/sash into machine & cycles. Removes any excess using snips or chisel.
10. Clean & Tape – Clean & Tape material to be painted.
11. Touch-Up – Apply paint to finished frames/sashes using hand brush.
12. Clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together with hand tools, by hand or using pneumatic screw guns.
1. Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations and be aware of his/her surroundings.
2. Must possess the ability to judge when help is required.
3. This position requires the ability to work as an effective team member in close proximity with other employees.
4. Works at different work stations as production needs require and must be flexible with the ability to change positions and work priorities.
5. Must be able to read a U.S. Tape measure and understand measurements to the 1/32 of an inch.
6. Follows paperwork and direction to place parts in specified location on frames/sash and other window components.
7. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103