Title: Production Supervisor
Salary: $65,000- $70,000 DOE
Schedule: Monday-Saturday 6:00 a.m – 4:30 p.m.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Production Supervisor to join our team full-time! You will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager with oversight of all production lines as well as ensuring that safety, efficiency, and quality standards are met or exceeded.
You will actively manage the operation of production lines, provide insight into areas of training and improvement, and monitor key performance indicators for safety, throughput, and cost- all while respecting the overall goal. You will be responsible for educating all employees on safety procedures and monitoring waste elimination. Additionally, you will encourage and engage in an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Must have knowledge of production and workflow procedures (including full knowledge of at least two production lines) and be familiar with quality control standards necessary to maintain satisfactory levels of production.
- Problem Solving Skills – Increased capability to make decisions quickly and resolve problems affecting all manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of company and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must possess skills to interact with other departments, create presentations, and communicate ideas and instructions in a clear and professional manner.
- Proven ability to build, develop and encourage teamwork environment in a positive manner. Ability to set clear goals for self and others.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills. Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be capable of assuming increasing responsibilities and be flexible with work schedule and be available for working overtime.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education/experience working in a similar environment or position
- Must have a broad range of manufacturing knowledge and strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, work protracted or irregular hours, work around machines with moving parts and moving objects, this position will work closely with others in addition to working alone.
- The supervisor may be exposed to excessive or intermittent noise, and dust. Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include manufacturing machines and equipment, hand tools, computer, and related equipment (calculator, copier, fax machine, and possibly a forklift and automobile).
- Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items (50 – 75 lbs). Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold from working in the warehouse facility.
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in Safety Obsessed, Respect in Unity, Quality Craftsmanship, Customer Commitment and Improving Together.
|* 401(k) matching |* Dental, Vision, & Health insurance |* STD, LTD insurance |* Employee discount |* Flexible Schedule |* Company Life insurance |* Paid time off |* Partial Tuition reimbursement |
Founded in 1981, Paradigm has been providing premium quality, Energy Star® rated vinyl windows and doors for the new construction and remodeling industry, for both commercial and residential properties.
With a lifetime guarantee, we proudly set ourselves apart from the competition by devoting 100% focus to our people & customers.
“Why Paradigm?” Because we care. Because we are committed to excellence & stand behind every window and door that leaves our factory!
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.