TITLE: CUSTOM ORDER BUYER
Positions Supervised: This position does not directly supervise
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: The custom order buyer is designed as an entry level purchasing role. The individual will execute system driven demands for custom size materials from authorized vendors. The ideal candidate will be detail driven, organized, and responsive. The candidate will interface with vendors as well as internal customers from multiple departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Custom order product ordering. This encompasses the cycle from system report generation, purchase order generation, purchase order placement, order acknowledgement processing, and vendor follow up as needed.
- Updating internal customers on delivery status and details.
- Expediting orders as required.
- MRO Request Processing
- Inventory Receipt Posting
- Basic Supplier Management
- Suppler Monitoring
- Other duties as required
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new information systems and to use those systems to improve processes, efficiency, and business results.
- JOB POSTING Summary
- Minimum Education & Experience Required
- LEAN or Continuous Process Improvement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, work protracted or irregular hours, work closely with others in addition to working alone.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, and specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.