TITLE: Quality Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Quality Technicians
Reports To: VP Operations
Salary: $85,000-$100,000 DOE
The Quality Manager provides leadership and guidance for the department, works to improve core processes, and manage projects. They will accept ownership of ensuring the staff is developed in all quality assurance functions. This person also works to develop a clear understanding of the business and technical aspects of the quality assurance function to support the entire organization.
- Manages all aspects of Quality Standards
- Exhibit strong communication and problem-solving skills while leading the Quality department toward company goals and objectives.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement within the quality department and in the Quality Management System.
- Provide development and training of the Quality team as well as other departments in all areas of Quality. Develop goals for the Quality department based on company objectives and ensure achievement.
- Maintain the Quality Management System for compliance with customer, AAMA, ASCE, ASTM, NFRC, ANSI, local, state, and federal requirements and assure that it continually reviewed and improved.
- Manage the internal audit system and assure timely completion of audits and submit findings and corrective action requests to management. Oversee supplier audits, as well as be a part of both audit teams.
- Assure monthly metric data entry and review of the cost of quality information is completed timely. Evaluate current data and trends to suggest improvement ideas or corrective action activities to be worked on with a cross functional team.
- Champion scrap reduction efforts as a collaborative effort with other departments.
- Be involved in new product gate reviews and review all new jobs for proper documentation and that the customer’s needs are being addressed, as well as identifying gaging needs for new as well as existing work.
- Work with customers on deviation approvals for dimensional and cosmetic issues, discuss possible engineering changes to improve part manufacturability, and address any concerns on shipping preservation issues or part quality.
- Assure and assist in the timely completion of part quality documentation requirements, including but not limited to ballooned drawings, inspection check sheets, SPC charts, process flow diagrams, process failure mode and effects analysis’, process control plans, dimensional layout requirements, part submission warrants, capability study, and measurement system analysis.
- Improve the Statistical Process Control activities and ensure that data analysis is completed to identify possible process improvements.
- Assist with all quality tasks as needed, including CMM programming.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience preferred
- Minimum of two years in a leadership role required
- ASQ, CMQ/OE Certification required, Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Ability to work closely with all business processes and functions
- Specific knowledge and ability to lead the development of quality processes to address current constraints and future growth
- Strong independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to train, teach and mentor subordinates to develop a strong team
- Ability to define, drive and implement change
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facility Physical exertion required involving walking, standing, bending. Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold from working in the warehouse facility.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, this position will work closely with others in addition to working alone.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.