While working in the field, this position records and resolves customer service complaints regarding windows and doors. This individual attempts to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations in the repair of windows and doors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles or defuses situations with the general public and customers through effective communication skills.
- Needs to be well-organized and work efficiently to resolve as many window or door complaints as productively as possible without compromising safety and quality.
- Makes good use of time by knowing the appropriate destination, taking the most direct route and keeping maps on hand for possible reference.
- Records information such as name, address, article to be repaired or service to be rendered.
- Performs daily repairs of windows and doors at the customer’s residence.
- Maintains a clean company vehicle with the necessary tools, equipment and parts available to ensure timely repairs.
- Keeps records of service calls, work orders and informs if replacement parts or components are inadequate.
- Supports lean manufacturing objectives to increase quality, delivery, performance and productivity.
- Identifies and communicates any issues with production, personnel, quality and safety.
- Must be flexible with the ability to change positions and wok priorities.
- Must possess skills to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely and be able to coordinate effectively with management, supervisors, and employees.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is well-groomed and presents a positive image at all times.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work solo or in group/team settings.
- Skill in directing, coordinating and training entry-level, and semi-skilled subordinates.
- Knowledge of company and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to a 1/32 of an inch.
- Must have good hand dexterity and attention to detail.
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and/or staging and works in heights that may exceed 25 feet for extended periods of time.
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
- Possesses a Class C Drivers license, has a safe driving record and complies with every applicable state and federal law pertaining to driving.
- Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing knowledge and practices and be able to adjust according to priorities.
- Must have a positive style personality with the ability to train a diverse group of individuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside in a fast paced environment, work protracted or irregular hours, work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. This position will work closely with others in addition to working alone.
- The technician may be exposed to excessive or intermittent noise, and dust. Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include manufacturing machines and equipment, hand tools, computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, and possibly a forklift and automobile.
- Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items (50 – 75 lbs). Routine discomfort from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold from working in the warehouse facility.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.