Shipping Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Paradigm Windows is seeking a 2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor. This is a Sunday-Thursday 4 p.m to 2 a.m with overtime as needed for business demands.
Works under the supervision of the Logistics Manager. Has the responsibility of enforcing all company rules and regulations and ensuring the core concepts of the job are being done. Is also tasked with providing direction to the Shipping and Staging employees and holding them accountable for safety, quality and performance.
Primary Job Functions
- Safety – Enforcing the proper wearing of PPE, Reducing the Incident Rate, maintaining 6S safety and cleanliness standards, and completing bi-weekly Safety Audits.
- Quality – Following all the processes and procedures that have been introduced by the company, engaging in daily Quality Walks in each load with the assigned team members and communicating OS&D results of each load with the Loading team.
- Productivity – Maintaining or surpassing the UPMH Goal that has been budgeted each Month by efficiently managing workforce hours.
- Delivery – Making sure all Planned loads are ready for departure on-time and complete without bypassing stop order
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the company’s safety requirements
- Checks loads for correctness related to and order proper loading procedures
- Make sure the only labor that is necessary for the appropriate amount of work is being done. Manager overtime as expected. Ensure that processes and procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage delivery including loading and staging.
- Identifies and manages bottlenecks in the process and manage staff accordingly.
- Run and process the paperwork for loading, staffing, and BOL. Must be comfortable working with computers and computer hardware such as printers.
- Meets and talks with reporting employees daily.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience OR 5 years relative experience in a shipping/ distribution environment.
- 2-3 Years of supervisory experience
- Forklift Certification
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to perform the functions and duties of the position including standing for prolonged periods of time.
Founded in 1981, Paradigm has been providing premium quality, Energy Star® rated vinyl windows and doors for the new construction and remodeling industry, for both commercial and residential properties.
We proudly set ourselves apart from the competition by devoting 100% focus to our people & customers.
“Why Paradigm?” Because we care. Because we are committed to excellence & stand behind every window and door that leaves our factory!
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103