Stager (1st Shift)
We are seeking a staging associate looking for full-time employment! This is a great company offering competitive pay structure and long-term growth opportunities within the organization.
Under general direction of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor and Shipping Coordinator, this position is responsible for staging all Paradigm Windows Solutions completed product, ensuring orders are complete, maintaining warehouse cleanliness, resolving any load report issues.
- Monday-Friday and Mandatory Overtime on Saturdays as needed.
- 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- $20.50/ hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works at different staging areas as needed.
- Stage product per company standards. Re: Utilizing lot numbers, shipping dates, product size, etc.
- Assist with the shipping and loading team as needed.
- This person needs to work as an effective team member in close proximity with other employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of material procedures, shipping procedures and truck loading.
- Must be able to interact with vendors and customers, and coworkers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensures carts are made and ready for packaging and returns carts to appropriate location when empty.
- Performs all staging and loading activities including verification of complete orders and ensures that no products are damaged.
- Knowledge of safe work habits necessary for departmental staff to perform their duties injury free such as proper lifting techniques and use of company equipment.
- Must operate departmental vehicles as needed.
- Ability to work through routine discomforts from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold from working in the warehouse facility
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work in a loud and fast paced environment, make good judgements, and assist when necessary.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 10 hours, and regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds (Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks using arms and hands).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as to draw/interpret graphs.
Additional experience and knowledge preferred.
- High school education or GED
- A minimum of two to four years of shipping/warehouse experience is desired, but the Candidate will be trained and certified on appropriate equipment
- Considerable physical exertion required involving bending, stooping, lifting or carrying heavy items (50 – 75 lbs).
- Experience operating carts, and pallet jacks preferred.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.