Territory Sales Representative – Syracuse, NY Buffalo, NY & Vermont
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for the development, performance, and maintenance of sales activities in assigned market. This position recognizes opportunities in the marketplace and establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the defined market area. In addition to managing accounts, the Territory Sales Manager works closely with Architects to secure project work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Is responsible for the overall selling in assigned territory to existing and prospective building contractors, remodeling contractors, distributors, and lumber yards.
2. Works with architects and other key customers to secure project work by educating on product specifications, design and performance.
3. Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
4. Prepares weekly sales reports showing areas of concern and areas for improvement.
5. Follows up on leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
6. Maintains product knowledge as designs and products change, prepares presentations, proposals and sales materials.
7. Manages account services through quality checks and other follow-up. Manages customer list by review and makes recommendations of non-performing accounts.
8. Communicates customer issues and feedback to appropriate individuals using established communication channels.
9. Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
10. Participates in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events. Delivers presentations and RFP responses to key customers.
11. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103