TRUCK DRIVER – CLASS A
Under general direction of the Logistics and Transportation Manager, ensures paperwork is accurate and load is complete prior to leaving, ensures directions and contact information is complete for route, ensures truck is inspected and all rules of the road are being followed. The Class A Driver ensures customer satisfaction upon delivery and assists warehouse staff with loading and unloading of trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Consistently presents Paradigm Windows Solutions and its products in a positive manner and maintains professional demeanor when interacting with customers, both internal and external.
2. Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
3. Performs a critical inspection of the truck for valid inspection, maintenance issues and ensures that all rules of the road are followed.
4. Maneuvers trucks into loading and unloading positions.
5. Assists with loading activities including verification of complete orders, ensures that no products are damaged, reviews paperwork for accuracy and verifies that the load is complete.
6. Assists customer with offloading of truck, ensures condition of windows, and verifies that order is complete.
7. Obtains customer’s signature for proof of delivery and properly documents windows not accounted for on order.
8. Inspects any merchandise returning from customer for damage and has appropriate corresponding paperwork.
9. Upon return to Paradigm Windows Solutions, ensures all returned merchandise is delivered to appropriate areas and all paperwork is distributed i.e., proof of deliveries, and any customer feedback.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. A valid Class A Maine State Driver’s license is required and must be maintained to operate Paradigm Windows Solutions owned vehicles and a clean driving record must be maintained at all times.
2. A driving record background check is required.
3. A minimum of two to four years of over the road driving experience.
Established in 1981, Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and quality.
In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window product option. The following year, three new paint process interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the maintenance of real wood.
In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
56 Milliken Street
Portland, Maine 04103